VET in Schools CoursesClick Here to Download our 2015 VET in Schools Brochure
Students in years 11 and 12 of high school are able to complete a VET in Schools (Vocational Education and Training) course that can contribute credit points towards their QCE (Queensland Certificate of Education). This allows students in high school to explore a career path that they are interested in and may allow students to receive credit towards a Diploma or other higher level qualification after graduation.
To be eligible for the QCE student's must achieve at least 20 credits of learning. Generally, a Certificate II qualification allows student's to obtain 4 credits and a Certificate III qualification allows students to obtain 8 credits towards their QCE.
These courses generally run for 1 day per week on Fridays, allowing students to come out of school on the Friday to complete the qualification.
The following qualifications are suitable for VET in Schools:
- Photography: Certificate III in Design Fundamentals (Photography)
- Fashion Design: Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design & Technology
- Styling & Makeup:Diploma in Styling (Fashion, Image & Media) - Part Time
- Makeup: Certificate II in Retail Makeup and Skin Care
- Nails: Certificate II in Nail Technology
- Beauty: Certificate III in Beauty Services
- Interior Design: MSF31013 – Certificate III in Interior Decoration Retail Services
- Visual Arts: Certificate III in Visual Arts (Painting and Drawing)
- Textile, Print and Surface Design: Certificate III in Visual Arts (Textile, Print and Surface Design)
Students who are interested in taking up one of the above VET in Schools courses should contact us for the enrolment information and speak to their school's Careers Advisor.